Friday, November 2, 2012

Breast Pumps, Bottles and Refrigerators

So I get up at midnight, 2:30 and 4:45am to nurse the baby then I might as well stay up because I have to get the older two ready for school.  I leave to take them at 7. I come home.  I pick Cam up at 10:40.  I come home.  I pick Tay up at 12:40 due to an early out.  I bring her home to change and off to piano practice.  When she's done I run the two older ones to mom's then dash off back to the school for a parent teacher conference.  Then I go back to mom's to pick up the kids and end up crashing for a bit on their couch only to wake up and realize it's time for dinner and no homework has been done.  We race home to work on homework.  Jason comes home. I take off with Cam to Zaxby's (she's been a bit jealous lately). I pay Upwards fees and then hit Baskin Robbins for my date with Cam.  We get home.  I get her ready and in bed.  I sit down with Taylor to review a test.  I get her in bed.  I get the baby in bed and then I balance our budget. Then I hit the sack just to start it all over again 1 1/2 hours later. Oh yeah, did I mention feeding the baby every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during all of this chaos?!  I woke up this morning feeling exhausted (as usual) and in a mood (once again).  On the way to school I was trying to find things I was thankful for to put me in a good mood.  It came to me!  On this Friday I am most thankful for my breast pump!!!  What?!  My breast pump?  Yes!!  I'm thankful for my breast pump because it's a lovely invention that puts my milk into a cute little bottle which in turn will go into the fridge today and when the baby wakes up through the night....daddy gets to feed her!!  I plan on sleeping tonight.  All the way through.  I haven't done that in what feels like years but I'm doing it tonight and THAT puts me in a much better mood.  I'll sleep through the night and I will sleep in tomorrow because it's Saturday and I have made zero plans for the morning.  Those 8ish hours of sleep will be what gets me through the next 6 days of...total chaos.  Moms-can I get a AMEN?!  So to sum it all up, I am so very thankful for the inventors of breast pumps, bottles and refrigerators for tonight they will be my heroes!!

With my luck, tonight will be the night she sleeps all the way through but I refuse to let that thought discourage me.  Btw, this is not me complaining about having kids because you know I love them with all my heart!!  I wouldn't trade them for the world!! This is my stress reliever.  My therapy.  This, in fact, will keep me from exploding.  Be very thankful I put it on "paper" and not on you :)

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

Brotha JJ better get the heck out of bed and feed that sweet babe or I'm making a quick trip to SC to kick his bootie in gear. Ok...well... The trip will have to wait for Christmas but a sack of coal and switchsticks are coming with me....does FAA allow that in carry-ons?