Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breakfast with Santa







I really just wanted to post one more time so I could prove my friends wrong. Anyway, we had breakfast with Santa at the mall before Christmas. They had coloring, free breakfast from Chick fil a (my favorite), balloon animals and face painting. Taylor chose a poinsettia for her face painting and Camryn chose the Grinch which is so appropriate because we were already calling her that. She whined, cried and fussed the whole time we were there. She was so excited she was going to see Santa and when he came out...BOOM the tears were flowing. Surprisingly enough, Taylor ran to him. She couldn't wait to give him a big hug and even took a picture with him. I remember the first time I took Taylor to see Santa. She went with her friends Ethan and Grace. They are all about 2 months apart in age and we thought it would be too cute if we got them matching pjs and took a pic with Santa. We got them all dressed up and it was our turn to see Santa. Grace and Ethan went right up to him and were ready to go. Taylor was just following the crowd and looked up at the camera. I was thinking, "This is going to be the cutest picture ever.". Then right before the picture was taken, she looked to see who was behind her. This awful look of fear came over her and she cried her little eyes out and came running for mommy. There was no turning back. She was afraid of him every year after that. I guess my little baby has finally turned into a big girl. A big beautiful girl if I might say so myself. So I guess Camryn will come around some day. I thought it would be different with her though. She chased the Easter Bunny down when he was at the mall. I thought she was going to tackle him. She couldn't wait sit in his lap. I guess bunnies are cuter than old fat men.



4 comments:

The Carters said...

Three posts? That cold weather must have you trapped in the house and all you can do is update your blog :) I hope it's cold for weeks. So glad to see you at the top of my blogroll again!

ps - i think the Easter bunny is cuter than an old fat man HAHA

eastandwest said...

I love the beautiful brave girl Taylor has become since school started! And you know I love my Camryn- the expression on her Grinchy face is PERFECT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.