Saturday, January 9, 2010

Upwards Cheerleading




Taylor cheered for her very first game today. All the girls were super cute in their blue and orange uniforms. Taylor was so excited she couldn't stand it. When I told her it was time for her game she jumped up and down and up and down. With Taylor, you never know what you're going to get. Before school started you could pretty much bet on the fact that she would just stand there or run back to sit with me in the stands. Now that her teachers have broken her out of her shell, all bets are off. I really didn't know what would happen. All the girls ran out of the tunnel while the music played and their names were announced. They lined up and the first cheer was announced. Taylor stood up, got into ready stance and cheered her heart out! She even threw in a couple of jumps. She loved it! I thought for sure Camryn would try to steal the spotlight. She started to a couple of times and then ran back to Daddy. She wasn't quite comfortable with the crowd......yet. I'm sure those fears will pass quickly and she'll join right in. Wanted or not. After the game, we treated them to ice cream. And why not? It was only 30 DEGREES outside with a windchill of about 20!!! But that's what my little cheerleader wanted so that's what she gets. I'll try to get better pics next weekend and post them.

2 comments:

The Carters said...

Way to go Taylor! And way to go Becky - two entries in a week!! Keep it up :) I miss ya'll!

eastandwest said...

Love that beautiful cheerleader! And Shannon beat me to it- TWO entries in one week. That means you probably won't blog again until NEXT Christmas...