Friday, May 28, 2010

God Is Good!


I'm so excited! I had Taylor's first piece of artwork put on some card stock and it looks so cute! It didn't turn out quite as I hoped because the color isn't as bright as the original but does that really matter? I went to Kinkos and the guy wouldn't make cards out of them because it had sand glued to it. So I took it somewhere else and made a color copy. I then took the copy back to Kinkos and as I waited in line, a lady asked me what I needed. She then told me she could show me how to do it on the copier side of the store and it would cost less. So she ran copies for me, with envelopes, and it cost $1 each instead of $1.50 each! God is so good!! I really do believe He had His hand in all of it. Not only were they cheaper but the lady was super nice and I had a chance to tell her about what Taylor was doing. By the way, she chose to make her first card from the blue crab picture I put on her blog. It has that "Charleston" feel. Her goal is to sell these at $2 each and then use that money to make cards for other children. That way she can begin to understand how money works through buying and selling but she also learns the valuable lessons that come from giving. She will not be keeping any of the money. My personal goal for the future is to set up a once a month card making play date at the church and use any profit to provide supplies/snacks so that her friends and their friends can make cards for other children(especially at Christmas time) at no cost to them. Several friends have shown interest in getting their kids involved as well so I think this could turn out to be a great ministry.

3 comments:

eastandwest said...

Taylor did an awesome job!!! I love it. I am so proud of her and my kids would love to be a part of the playdate/ministry!

Cindy Foote said...

Love it love it love it! Looks awesome, Taylor!

carissa said...

this is the sweetest thing ever!!! woo hoo!