Friday, February 17, 2012

Update on What's going on

Since my last blog, I had been feeling like I was missing something. Things just weren't adding up to me so I called my dr's office to find out what it was. I, of course, was missing a rather large piece of the puzzle. Easy to do when you get bombarded with tons of unexpected information. Our baby doesn't just have thick fluid on the back of it's neck. The baby has a growth that's called a cystic hygroma. Heard of it? Probably not because it occurs in 1% of fetus'. It is very rare. The good news is that it does have to potential of resolving on it's own. I have no idea what percentage of them do but the possibility is there and that's all I need to know. From what I understand, if there are no other chromosomal abnormalities or birth defects and if the growth resolves on it's own the chances of a good outcome are 54 -80%. I am going to MUSC for our genetic counseling and blood work on Monday. We are asking for specific prayers.
1. That the results of the test are negative and they find no other complications.
2. That the growth resolves on it's own...quickly for my sanity :)
Again, thank you all so much for your prayers.

4 comments:

Cindy Foote said...

You KNOW I am praying! Love you!

Shelbi said...

We too are praying for you and trusting that God will do something BIG!!!

Cindy Foote said...

You KNOW I'm praying!

Cristie said...

Praying and asking for your prayers to be answers! Praying that the Lord give you the desire of your heart and be glorified in the process!