Monday, February 27, 2012

Waiting

After my miscarriage last year, the Lord brought two stories to my attention over and over again. The first was about the Isrealites in the wilderness and if they had just trusted God He would have allowed them to enter the land of milk and honey. He also brought up the story of Abraham and Sarah over and over again and how he promised them a child. I felt as though He was promising me another child too and here I am...pregnant :) His promise was fulfilled. Now that I find myself in this place of uncertainty He has brought up the story of Lazarus a second time. Last week I blogged about how Camryn asked me to read the story and it reminded me that God is a God of miracles but this time I was shown a different theme. I was listening to the radio this morning (The Wally show...love it!). Wally does a segment called Monday school where he talks about what he learned in church on Sunday. Wouldn't you know the story was about Lazarus. He didn't focus on the miracle like I did. He focused on waiting. Jesus heard Lazarus was sick and still waited a few days to go see him instead of dropping everything. When he finally arrived, Lazarus had been dead for 4 days. Martha was a bit upset with the Lord because she knew he could have kept this from happening. She told him that if he had come right away he could have healed Lazarus and he wouldn't have died. Jesus' response was that Lazarus would live again. He wanted God to be glorified. Healing a sick man doesn't have quite the effect on people as raising a man from the dead. So Jesus told Lazarus to come forth and Lazarus walked out of the tomb as if nothing had ever happened. The Bible says many people put their faith in Jesus because of this miracle. God was glorified! I can't say this comforts me 100%. Waiting is not what I do best. Waiting in these situations, I think, is the hardest part. God is clearly telling me to wait on Him though so that He may be glorified. Come to think of it, the other stories I mention have a theme of waiting as well. Unfortunately the Israelites failed miserably but Abraham and Sarah did finally get their promised child after a very long wait. I have no idea how long my wait will be or what it will bring but I will wait on you Lord and I pray that my actions and thoughts will glorify you no matter what. Maybe you too are going through a difficult time. A time that causes you to bite your nails, gives you stomach aches and makes you want to take matters into your own hands. I pray you will find that peace that passes all understanding. Trust Him. Believe in Him. Wait on Him. "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love you, sis. I love to watch how God is shaping your mind and heart. I'm watching you and I'm learning. It's great to know the sovereignty of God is not something to be feared, but to be comforted by. We are not citizens of the world but citizens of heaven. You're thinking like a citizen of heaven and a child of God. So proud to call you my sister. Always have been.

Cindy Foote said...

RIGHT ON!!! And you are waiting beautifully, my sweet sister. I love you!

corey said...

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. I don't know the scripture reference, but I know the song and I know the Lord. He is an awesome God and loves to confound the wise with his miracles. Continue to wait and know that we are waiting and praying with you.