Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hot Date


Jason's parents bought us John Mayer tickets for his birthday this year. I was so excited I thought it was MY birthday. They even offered to watch the kids for us so of course we accepted. We went to eat at Chili's and we decided to get something different this time. For some reason, Jason decided on a hamburger rather than a steak. I decided to get the BBQ shredded pork with cheese and coleslaw...NO ONIONS. Our kind waiter said there were no onions on it and I kindly showed him that the menu said otherwise. After going back and forth he said he would make sure there were no onions on it. Needless to say, we waited and waited (after waiting and waiting for a seat). The waiter came out to say our food was ready but there is one problem, the onions are cooked into my pork. Real shocker! Long story short, our awesome pre concert dinner ended up with Jason and I sharing a burger and fries. Can you tell I don't like onions? The good news...we only spent $10 on dinner:) So then we headed to the concert. We knew the seats would be up high because Jason's parents got the tickets well after they went on sale. We started up the stairs, my calves started to get sore, and I was out of breath by row N. I thought, "It can't be much higher than this.". Up and up and up we went. I had no idea row U was the very top row!!! Jason and I grabbed onto our seats and quickly sat down as the room started to spin. I seriously thought Jason was going to get a nose bleed. Wow, that is HIGH UP!! We had a great view of the stage until the group of homosexual lovers sat theirselves down two rows in front of us. We spent much of the concert watching him kiss on her, then her, then her, then she kissed on her and so on....disgusting!! There was groping, alcohol, awful dancing...you get the picture. A couple of songs into John's act, they finally moved over a little bit and we were able to enjoy the concert. Carissa was right, he does move well with his guitar. I love his....music:) Next time, we get better seats.

2 comments:

Cindy Foote said...

you really know how to tell a story... thanks for taking me along for the ride.

The Carters said...

Glad you got to enjoy ALL the shows at the concert :) You didnt say anything to the people in front of you?