Sunday, March 7, 2010

DRAMA

Does drama follow you? It follows me. It's not like I'm out there looking for it. It just shows up as if I've invited it in. Already it's been a challenging year and I feel like it just got started. Sometimes I wonder why I'm trying to get back into therapy. Therapy means helping others. Helping others is what brings on the drama. I try to do what's right. I try to help someone in need of a job or someone in need of a friend and the next thing you know...BAM...they are taking advantage of me. I'm starting to feel like my whole approach on friendships needs to be changed. Maybe I should just stick to the small group of friend who I know I can trust and forget about the rest. I try to follow the golden rule... do unto others as you would have them do unto you. How is it that I keep getting into friendships with that in mind and then(pardon my wording) get screwed in the end. Thankfully, the drama I've been living through has not been directly to me but I was hurt both times. Unfortunately it just means other people were hurt even worse by my "friends". I'm not trying to come off as the perfect friend. I know I've done and/or said things I shouldn't have so feel free NOT to point that out:) This most recent DRAMA is something I just can't seem to wrap my head around. I feel so lost as to how I should react. I've been praying about it but the answer right now just seems to be "Keep your mouth shut". But all the emotions of anger, disappointment, sadness, frustration and confusion are really hard to keep to myself. Thank the Lord for a husband I can confide in. As a true man, he thinks I should just be able to cut off all emotions and move on with my life. As a woman I'm thinking, fat chance. Am I right ladies? I think the most frustrating part is that these "friends" call themselves christians. How on earth can people do the things they do and think that it's okay. Or even worse, do the things they do, realize it's not okay, and then not care. Do they not have a conscience? Well here's a quote for you. "Conscience is Gods built-in warning system. Be very happy when it hurts you. Be very worried when it doesn't.". If you do something wrong and have no remorse, you better recheck your believer status. I'm not usually one to vent on a blog open to everyone but I have so few followers I'm not sure any of you really care. And if I have offended you....TOO BAD!:)
Let's end this on a positive note. A big THANK YOU to all the family and friends who are true friends. I couldn't live through the DRAMA without you. I love you dearly!

4 comments:

carissa said...

sorry becky. let's face it... jesus is the only true friend. he doesn't disappoint. : )

eastandwest said...

I'm glad I fall in the true friend category. I saw your "mad face" and it scared me! I love you girl, and I'm sorry you've had such a disappointing few months!

My sappiness for this year: when Kevin talked about friendship today and whether your friendships honor Christ and involve prayer, I was SO thankful for you and Shelbi and my small group of godly friends!

Amy said...

Micah 7:8 Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is the light for me.

Started studying Micah, and that verse seemed appropriate.

The Carters said...

Im so sorry you've had so much drama lately. I hope and pray the rest of your week (and hopefully month) will be drama free!

Feel free to come hang with me in MN, there's no drama up here :) If you do come, could you please bring me a chick-fil-a sandwich. Thanks!